About us

My Photo

Our names are SD and L. We are best friends who happen to live on different sides of the world. One of us is Russian and the other is American. We'll write about what's ever on our minds, which can be just about anything because we each have different interests that we would like to share with the world. However, our main goal is to move to NYC together and videoblog our adventures there. One cool thing we will provide everyone with on this blog is our “Awesome List.” This list is composed of 101 things that we plan on doing together in NYC and America in general. See you all out on the adventure! Do you want to know about updates on our blog - follow us on twitter! https://twitter.com/khabarovsk_pitt

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Summer memories


Summertime is a fantastic time of the year! It’s fantastic to so many people for all sorts of different reasons. I’m not really going out on a limb when I state that summer is a favorite season to many. I’m not saying it’s my favorite season because it’s not. My favorite season is autumn. I have an affection for autumn that is almost like a sickness…a disease :D It’s just such a beautiful time of the year, but I’ll save this discussion for another time. Anyway, more people probably enjoy summer than any other season.  As I stated before, the reasons behind liking this season are different for everybody. I’ll go over a few reasons why summer is special to me.

When I think of summertime I think about some of the best times of my life. It seems that ever since I graduated from high school in 2007 each summer has been great and has brought different memories that will last forever. To begin, in 2007 the Penguins made the Playoffs for the first time in years. As a big time hockey fan I was excited beyond belief. It was amazing to see my team make it back to the dance, but it was short lived. They only lasted five games before being eliminated by the Ottawa Senators. However, everyone in Pittsburgh knew this was a great hockey team; a team that will be the best. That attitude was correct as the Penguins made it to the Stanley Cup Finals in 2008. What an awesome time that was. I’ll never forget the Stanley Cup Final parties that I attended. Me and my friends really enjoyed every second of those games. It was something we have never really witnessed as adults before. It was a wild time for sure. The only bad thing is that the Penguins lost to the Red Wings that year. They got so far to only end up losing, but I remember on that night I made a strong prediction to everyone that was around me. I said that the Pens will play the Wings again next year and the results would be different. Oh yeah, I was right. The Pens won the Stanley Cup in 2009 and that was the best summer of my life. I remember all the parties like they happened yesterday. Those two weeks in early June were the best two weeks of my life. I guess you have to learn to really appreciate times like those because ever since then the Penguins have fallen short on their quest to reach the Stanley Cup. There have been three very disappointing playoff exits after that 2009 win, but at long last it seems that I will be watching the Finals again this year. I can’t wait for that. Anyway, I know that this is a lot about hockey but it really is a big part of my life. It creates a form of entertainment that can’t be matched and it gives you a reason to celebrate with those you enjoy being with.

Of course there are many more reasons why I like summer. There are the outdoor concerts that have provided me with some of the wildest moments in my life.  There are the numerous vacations that I have been on that have given me memories with close friends and family that I’ll never forget. There are the simple times just relaxing outside in my pool. There are memories of the long bike rides me and my friends used to take in the summer. When it all comes down to it, summer is like a time of reflection for me. I look at all the great memories that have occurred and wonder how I can top what happened the year before.

Oh and the weather is good too! J



I hope that your summer is great, wonderful, and exciting,

SD